Property-Casualty Insurance Fundamentals
Designed for those without a background in property–casualty insurance who are pursuing The CAS Institute's credential in predictive analytics, this course will allow you to:
- Obtain the property–casualty insurance domain knowledge that is critical for the proper understanding of the business context in which predictive analytics and data science skills will be applied
- Master fundamental knowledge and concepts needed to successfully apply predictive analytics and data science in property–casualty insurance
- Position yourself to join a community of professionals engaged in property-casualty insurance where you will apply your predictive analytics and data science skills
- Risk management and insurance operations
- Insurance accounting
- Coverage analysis
- Insurance law and regulation
- Basic ratemaking techniques
- Estimating claims liabilities
Suggested Self-Study Time
SMART® Study Aids
- This course is intended for specialist candidates who plan to work in the property-casualty business. It provides a solid foundation of basic domain knowledge and also covers fundamentals of the ratemaking and reserving functions. The course and exam are required for those who are pursuing the Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA) credential.
- A waiver for this course is available for those who have already attained their ACAS or FCAS credential from the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) or who have passed CAS exams as specified by The CAS Institute. More information on waiver requirements and how to apply can be found on The CAS Institute's website.
Duration: 3 hours
Length: 100 multiple–choice questions
To schedule an exam, please call The Institutes' Customer Success department at (800) 644-2101.
iCAS PC1 Online Course, 1st edition
(Includes one attempt at the iCAS PC1 exam. Contact Customer Success to register for the exam)
iCAS PC1 Comprehensive Package #1, 1st edition
(Includes online course, exam, course guide and textbooks. Contact Customer Success to register for the exam)
iCAS PC1 Comprehensive Package #2, 1st edition
(Includes online course, exam, course guide, textbooks and SMART Study Aids. Contact Customer Success to register for the exam)