The Institutes are the industry's leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating risk management and insurance professionals. We provide the courses, designations, research and other solutions that educate and empower professionals throughout their careers.
We also develop risk management and insurance course materials that are used by hundreds of colleges and universities. Students are the future of our industry, and we offer numerous resources to support your learning journey.
Purchase Textbooks and Study Materials
Click the icon to select your college and course to find and purchase the study materials you need.
Find Financial Support for College Studies
The Institutes offer scholarships and can connect you with internship financial aid.
Plan Your Insurance Career
The MyPath website offers information on careers in insurance and the jobs that you don’t want to miss out on. Take a Career Quiz to find the right job for you.
Start Earning Your CPCU
Our most popular designation is the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®). You can start earning your CPCU while completing your college courses! The Institutes will grant a waiver toward the CPCU designation for up to two approved courses. Select your college and course, and upload your transcript. Learn more about how the CPCU designation can help your career.
Register Your Classes
Instructors, register your course with The Institutes so your students can get CPCU credit for their courses. Click on the icon to the left to apply your college to the program or add additional courses.
Need Grant Money?
The Robert P. Ashlock Risk Management and Insurance Development Program provides funds to support the development of post-secondary risk management and insurance education.
President's CPCU Scholarships
The Institutes' President's CPCU Scholarship Program can cover the cost of your students' CPCU coursework and exams. We offer up to 100 scholarships per year for both professionals and students.
College Degree Programs
Did you know that you can earn college credit for your CPCU and Institutes' insurance studies? Not only will you earn insurance industry credentials, you can also earn an undergraduate or graduate degree sooner than you may have thought.
- Ashford University: Earn a BA in Business Administration or BA in Organizational Management
- Baker College – Center for Graduate Studies
- Boston University: Earn a Master of Science in Insurance Management
- Capella University: Earn a BS, MS, or MBA
- Central Penn College: Earn an associates or bachelor's degree
- Charter Oak State College: Earn an Online BA or BS in Liberal Arts, Business Admin
- Colorado State University – Global Campus: Earn your bachelor's or master's degree
- DeVry University: Earn a bachelor's degree
- Excelsior College: Earn an associate degree, a bachelor's degree, or an online MBA
- New England College of Business and Finance: Earn an associate's, bachelor's or master's degree
- Olivet College: Earn an undergraduate degree or MBA
- Salve Regina University: Earn an MS or MBA degree
- Trident University: Earn your Bachelor degree, Master degree or Doctoral degree
- Walden University: Earn your BS, MBA, or PhD degree
Credits accepted are subject to change without notice. Please verify current credit arrangements with individual institutions.
Learn More About CPCU
What is the CPCU designation?
CPCU is the leading professional designation for property-casualty insurance professionals. More than 80,000 individuals have earned it over the past 80 years. You can too.
What is the CPCU Society, and how can I become a student member?
The premier professional association for the risk management and property-casualty insurance industry, the CPCU Society offers members countless opportunities to advance their careers through networking, leadership experience and ongoing education. We offer free membership to college students and discounted membership to candidates in the process of completing the designation.
What other designations do The Institutes offer?
Learn more about the 25 other designations and 13 certificate programs offered by The Institutes.