Learn the fundamental characteristics and benefits of captive insurance from a global perspective that will allow you to:
- Understand insurance terminology and concepts, including how to form and operate a captive insurer.
- Confidently explain to current and prospective clients the benefits of a captive insurer as a risk-financing tool.
- Identify situations in which a captive insurer can meet an insured's specific needs, such as underwriting a unique risk or participating in a multinational insurance program.
- Captive insurance characteristics
- Forming a captive insurer
- Captive insurance as a risk financing tool
- Operating a captive insurer
Suggested Self Study Time
Self-Study Online Learning
- Claims professionals
- Commercial underwriters
- Reinsurance professionals
- New employees who work with captives