Nothing compares to the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) professional designation. Nothing. CPCU is recognized and respected as the premier designation in property-casualty insurance. And the CPCU designation after your name speaks volumes about you and your insurance knowledge.
In becoming a CPCU, you will:
- Gain in-depth, broad-based knowledge in risk management and insurance.
- Learn practical skills that you can put to work immediately.
- Learn how to make better decisions on the job.
- Distinguish yourself from your peers while demonstrating your commitment to professionalism.
- Earn the respect accorded those who hold the designation.
The CPCU curriculum balances practical skills with insurance and risk management theory. By learning the why and not simply the what, you will have a better understanding of the p-c business and will be able to make better business decisions.
There are more than 65,000 CPCU designation holders. They are insurance professionals just like you. They are claim adjusters, underwriters, risk managers, brokers, agents, regulators, consultants, attorneys, and educators.
As a CPCU candidate, you will learn about the financial, legal, operational, and technical aspects of risk management and insurance. You can even choose either a personal or commercial insurance concentration, depending on your professional background and needs.
You set the pace for your CPCU study, but we will help you get there with resources including:
- Study materials developed by industry experts
- Our exclusive SMART study aids to help you learn more efficiently
- Institutes Online classes for all CPCU courses
- Convenient testing windows so you can study throughout the year
- Listings of public CPCU classes around the country
Like anything that is worth doing, earning the CPCU designation requires commitment and it is a commitment well worth making. Not sure? Just ask Mike Mee, CPCU, AU, AIM, ARM, AIC, a senior insurance risk analyst:
"I can't say enough good things about the CPCU designation because it has played a crucial role in my career advancement."
Get started today.