You are here
Surplus Lines Insurance Operations
Understand the operations of surplus lines insurers and intermediaries.
ASLI 163 has been revised. New materials for exams beginning on January 15, 2014, are now available for purchase. To register for an exam covering the expiring materials, please call Customer Service at (800) 644-2101.
- Overview of surplus lines operations
- Insurance regulation
- Surplus lines insurance marketing
- Development of new products and programs
- Underwriting – Risk assessment
- Underwriting – Ratemaking
- Insurer financial statements
- Financial analysis of insurers and intermediaries
- The underwriting cycle
Suggested Self-Study Time
“From my perspective as a hiring manager, these designations are a window into an individual’s work ethic and clearly demonstrate an ability and drive that is needed to excel in today’s demanding environment...”
Jeff Cruey, CPCU, CIC, ARe, AU, AMIM
Vice President—Commercial Lines
Ohio Casualty Insurance Co.