You are here
Strategic Underwriting Techniques
Develop the strategic tools and techniques you need to enhance your organization's profitability.
This course is not a requirement of the AU designation. If you are an AU designee and pass AU 67, you earn the AU-M designation.
This course has been updated to provide an overview of data analytics, effective October 1, 2016. The final testing window for enrolled students to test using current course materials is April to June 2017. To register for an exam covering the expiring materials, please call Customer Success at (800) 644-2101.
- Developing competitive underwriting strategies
- Managing underwriting profitability
- Underwriting large accounts
- Utilizing loss-sensitive plans for large accounts
- Using reinsurance in commercial underwriting
- Managing a book of business
- Reunderwriting a book of business
Suggested Self-Study Time
- Access The Institutes’ Course Study Calculator for a more specific recommended study time.
"The AU program is truly unique in the industry..."
Craig Andrews, CPCU, ARM, AU, ARe, AMIM, ASLI, AAI
Business Insurance Product Development Manager
State Auto Insurance Companies