You are here
Property and Liability Insurance Principles
Understand basic insurance principles and practices.
AINS 21 Segment A Topics:
- Understanding insurance
- Insurers and how they are regulated
- Insurer financial performance
AINS 21 Segment B Topics:
- Underwriting and ratemaking
AINS 21 Segment C Topics:
- Risk management
- Loss exposures
- Insurance policies
Suggested Self-Study Time
- Access The Institutes’ Course Study Calculator for a more specific recommended study time.
Passing AINS 24 waives AINS 21.
Earning the AINS designation allows you to waive one course in the CPCU program:
- If you choose completion option A, CPCU 553 or 557 can be waived
- If you choose completion option B, CPCU 553 can be waived
- If you choose completion option C, CPCU 557 can be waived
"In today’s corporate environment, it is more important than ever to set yourself apart from everyone else..."
Misty R. Fraley, CPCU, AIM, API, AIS, AINS
Personal Lines Underwriting Specialist
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies