You are here
General Insurance for IT and Support Professionals
Gain an overall awareness of insurance industry funtions to knowledgeably interact with insurance professionals and better understand their IT system needs.
AINS 24 Segment A Topics:
- Understanding insurance
- Insurers and how they are regulated
- Insurer financial performance
AINS 24 Segment B Topics:
- Underwriting and ratemaking
- Risk management
AINS 24 Segment C Topics:
- Loss exposures
- Insurance policies
- Personal insurance
- Commercial insurance
Suggested Self-Study Time
Earning the AINS designation allows you to waive one course in the CPCU® program:
- If you choose completion option A, CPCU 553 or 557 can be waived.
- If you choose completion option B, CPCU 553 can be waived.
- If you choose completion option C, CPCU 557 can be waived.
"Institutes courses teach you how to apply fundamentals to everyday situations, giving you the foundation you need to be able to learn on the job...”
Richard A. Riley, CPCU, ARM, AIM
Vice Chairman & CEO, Retired
WNC First Insurance Services