You are here
Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance
Learn how to apply basic concepts of risk management and insurance to everyday activities.
CPCU 500 has replaced CPCU 510.
This course has been updated to provide an overview of data analytics, effective October 1, 2016. The final testing window for enrolled students to test using current course materials is April to June 2017. To register for an exam covering the expiring materials, please contact Customer Success at (800) 644-2101.
- Introduction to risk management
- Risk assessment
- Risk control
- Risk financing
- Insurance as a risk management technique
- Insurance policy analysis
- Common policy concepts
- Big data analytics
Suggested Self-Study Time
- Access The Institutes’ Course Study Calculator for a more specific recommended study time.
"Getting the CPCU designation was the best move I ever made..."
David S. Hershey, CPCU, ARM
Sprague Energy/ Lexa International
- Sample Course Materials View a PDF of all CPCU 500 Assignments View a PDF of a CPCU 500 Assignment Excerpt
- Promotional Materials CPCU program flyer CPCU Experience Booklet
- Additional Course Resources Charting your Success Resources CPCU waiver information The Institutes' Waiver request Form
- Additional Knowledge Solutions All Programs The Institutes' Catalog