You are here
Learn how to identify and underwrite contract bonds.
Exams covering the revised AFSB 152—Contract Surety will be available July 15, 2015. Exams covering the expiring materials will be offered from April 15, 2015, until December 15, 2015. To register for an exam covering the expiring materials, please call Customer Service at (800) 644-2101.
- Legal aspects of contract bonds
- The contract bidding process
- Contract bond underwriting
- Financial statements
- Analyzing work in progress
- Analyzing contractors' financial statements
- Trend analysis and forecasting
- Underwriting other contract bonds
- Contract surety claims
Suggested Self-Study Time
- Access The Institutes’ Course Study Calculator for a more specific recommended study time.
“The AFSB designation serves as a concrete measure of my competency and knowledge of the surety industry...”
Caroline Murphree Roberson, CPA, AFSB
Underwriting Operation Analyst
Lexon Surety Group