Continuing Education (CE) Credit and Continuing Education Certificates

CE students enjoy the benefit of quicker, more efficient, credit reporting! The Institutes now report daily to all states where allowed.

CE certificates provide evidence of compliance with the CE requirements of a state insurance department, CPA review board, state bar association, and so forth.

The majority of Institutes programs have been approved for CE credit by state insurance departments. The credits approved vary by state. You can view available CE credits by program and state on the Designation Courses for CE Web page. You may also contact our Customer Service department or call (800) 644-2101.

If you have valid resident producer/adjuster licensing information listed in our registration system, The Institutes will, upon your successful completion of an Institute exam, automatically order CE credits if the exam is approved for CE in your license state. The Institutes will report CE credits to the nonresident state for adjusters who are not required to report CE in their resident state.

In order to comply with state requirements for reporting CE, The Institutes will maintain the following approach:

  • The Institutes will request that students provide applicable licensing information when creating or updating their initial student record.
  • The Institutes will require students to provide their licensing information before sitting for the approved exam. (You can update your license information by clicking the Account Manager link, above.)
  • CE will automatically be reported for approved courses for students whose information is on file at the time of the exam.
  • If a student declines CE, none will be reported.
  • It is the student’s responsibility as a licensed producer/adjuster to know his or her state’s CE requirements and procedures.
Some states do not grant CE for Institutes exams. This varies by state and changes frequently.

If you need CE credits for license renewal, please verify that your resident license state and number or NPN are in our system. If you are an adjuster who is not required to report CE in your resident state, you can add your nonresident license number(s) or NPN and state(s) to your profile by clicking the Account Manager link, above. If you no longer require that CE be ordered for a particular license, please mark any such license(s) as invalid.

Important Note Regarding CE Filing: It is your responsibility to understand the CE reporting requirements of your state(s) and to provide The Institutes with current license information. CE credits will not be reported without current license information on file PRIOR to sitting for an exam. Please note that The Institutes will not be responsible for any late filing fees or charges.

Quick Links