Why you need this course:
After completing this course, you'll be able to adjust a workers compensation claim.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Given a case, determine the appropriate type and amount of workers compensation benefits.
- Explain when the following lost wage benefits are awarded and how those benefits are calculated:
- Temporary total disability
- Temporary partial disability
- Permanent total disability
- Permanent partial disability
- Explain how each of the following factors affects the benefits payable under workers compensation:
- Maximum rates
- Minimum rates
- Waiting periods
- Retroactive periods
- Explain how benefits are determined for scheduled injuries.
- Distinguish between the following methods of determining loss of earnings capacity in cases of nonscheduled permanent partial disability:
- Actual economic loss
- Medically determined impairment
- Describe the scope, limitations, and duration of medical benefits.
- Describe the rehabilitation services provided under workers compensation statutes.
- Describe the death benefits payable under workers compensation.
- Describe the factors affecting workers compensation costs.
Cost: $20 per Professional Development Hour (PDH). Information on Professional Development Hours (PDH) provided can be found here.
Statutory Benefits in Workers Compensation Topics Include:
- Appropriate type and amount of workers compensation benefits
- When lost wage benefits are awarded and how they are calculated for temporary total disability, temporary partial disability, permanent total disability, and permanent partial disability
- Effects of maximum rates, minimum rates, waiting periods, and retroactive periods on benefits payable
- How benefits are determined for scheduled injuries
- Using actual economic loss and medically determined impairment as methods of determining loss of earnings capacity in cases of nonscheduled permanent partial disability
- Scope, limitations, and duration of medical benefits
- Rehabilitation services provided
- Death benefits payable
- Factors affecting workers compensation costs
Additional Course Resource
Additional Knowledge Solutions
(800) 644-2101 (U.S. and Canada)
(610) 644-2100 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355-3433
Customer Success is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. eastern time.