Why you need this course:
After completing this course, you'll be able to evaluate if a loss exposure requires the additional coverage provided by commercial inland marine insurance.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain how and why inland marine insurance developed, including the role of the Nationwide Marine Definition.
- Describe the following aspects of inland marine loss exposures:
- Items subject to loss
- Causes of loss
- Economic or financial effect of loss
- Distinguish between the filed and nonfiled classes of inland marine insurance.
- Describe the purpose and distinguishing provisions of each type of nonfiled inland marine policies described in this course.
- Describe the property covered by each of the filed inland marine forms discussed in this course.
- Explain why judgment rating is often needed for pricing inland and ocean marine insurance.
- Recommend an inland or ocean marine policy form to cover a described exposure.
Cost: $20 per Professional Development Hour (PDH). Information on Professional Development Hours (PDH) provided can be found here.
Commercial Inland Marine Insurance Topics Include:
- How inland marine insurance developed
- The items subject to loss, causes of loss, and economic or financial effect of loss aspects of inland marine loss exposures
- Filed and nonfiled classes of inland marine insurance
- The purpose of common types of nonfiled inland marine policies
- Property covered by common types of filed inland marine forms
- Why judgment rating is often needed for pricing inland and ocean marine insurance
- Recommending an inland or ocean marine policy form to cover a specific exposure
Additional Course Resource
Additional Knowledge Solutions
(800) 644-2101 (U.S. and Canada)
(610) 644-2100 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355-3433
Customer Success is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. eastern time.