Why you need this course:
After completing this course, you'll understand the eligibility requirements for businessowners policies (BOPs), the difference in coverages between most BOP policies and other commercial insurance policies, and how BOPs are rated.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the kinds of businesses that are generally eligible for coverage under a businessowners policy (BOP).
- Compare the property coverages typically contained in a BOP with the direct damage and business income/extra expense coverages available under an Insurance Services Office (ISO) commercial property coverage part.
- Describe the property coverages, in addition to those of the ISO commercial property coverage part, that are commonly included in BOPs.
- Compare the liability coverage typically provided by a BOP with the Commercial General Liability (CGL) Coverage Form.
- Explain how BOPs are rated and why the approach to rating them is less complicated than rating comparable coverages in a commercial package policy.
Cost: $20 per Professional Development Hour (PDH). Information on Professional Development Hours (PDH) provided can be found here.
Businessowners Policy Topics Include:
- Businesses generally eligible for coverage under a businessowners policy (BOP)
- Property coverages typically contained in a BOP
- The Insurance Services Office (ISO) commercial property coverage part, that is commonly included in BOPs
- Liability coverage typically provided by a BOP compared with the Commercial General Liability (CGL) Coverage Form
- How BOPs are rated
Additional Course Resource
Additional Knowledge Solutions
(800) 644-2101 (U.S. and Canada)
(610) 644-2100 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355-3433
Customer Success is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. eastern time.