Why you need this course:
After completing this course, you’ll have a basic overview of insurance marketing systems, the role of the insurance producer, marketing management, and advertising.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the legal relationship known as agency.
- Describe the responsibilities of the agent and the principal in any agency relationship.
- Describe each of the following types of insurance agents’ authority:
- Express authority
- Implied authority
- Apparent authority
- Summarize the various types of insurance marketing systems and alternative distribution channels.
- Describe typical compensation arrangements for insurance producers.
- Describe advertising methods used by insurers, producers, and producer trade associations.
- Describe the various aspects of marketing management.
- Describe how states regulate producers’ activities.
- Discuss unfair trade practices as they relate to insurance
Cost: $20 per Professional Development Hour (PDH). Information on PDHs provided can be found here.
Marketing Topics Include:
- The legal relationship known as agency
- The responsibilities of the agent and the principal in any agency relationship
- Different types of insurance agents’ authority, including express authority and implied authority
- Various types of insurance marketing systems and alternative distribution channels
- Typical compensation arrangements for insurance producers
- Advertising methods used by insurers, producers, and producer trade associations
- Various aspects of marketing management
- How states regulate producers’ activities
- Unfair trade practices as they relate to insurance
Additional Course Resources
Additional Knowledge Solutions
(800) 644-2101 (U.S. and Canada)
(610) 644-2100 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355-3433
Customer Success is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. eastern time.