Why you need this course:
After completing this course, you´ll understand the process of risk management and the field of insurance in general.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role of insurance in risk management.
- Explain how insurance works as a transfer system.
- Explain how the law of large numbers operates and applies to insurance.
- Describe the major types of loss exposures.
- Describe the characteristics of an ideally insurable loss exposure.
- Explain why government insurance is needed, and give examples of federal insurance programs and state insurance programs.
- Describe the major business operations of insurers.
- Explain why and how state insurance departments regulate insurers.
- Describe the benefits of insurance.
- Describe the costs of insurance.
- Distinguish among the major types of property and liability insurance.
- Distinguish among the major types of life and health insurance.
Cost: $20 per Professional Development Hour (PDH). Information on PDHs provided can be found here.
Insurance Overview Topics Include:
- The role of insurance in risk management
- Insurance as a transfer system
- The law of large numbers, as applied to insurance
- Major types of loss exposures
- Characteristics of an ideally insurable loss exposure
- Why government insurance is needed, and examples of federal insurance programs
- Major business operations of insurers
- How state insurance departments regulate insurers
- Benefits of insurance
- Costs of insurance
- Major types of property and liability insurance
- Major types of life and health insurance
Additional Course Resources
Additional Knowledge Solutions
(800) 644-2101 (U.S. and Canada)
(610) 644-2100 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355-3433
Customer Success is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. eastern time.