Why you need this course:
After completing this course, you'll have a better understanding of claim handling and management, including the skills needed to investigate, evaluate, and reserve assigned claims in accordance with established regulatory and company guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role performed by each of the following in the claim handling process:
- Staff claim representatives (inside and outside)
- Independent adjusters
- Public adjusters
- Describe the activities in the claim handling process.
- Describe how the claim handling process applies to property insurance claims.
- Describe how the claim handling process applies to liability insurance claims.
- Describe the special considerations for catastrophe claims.
- Describe the claim representative's role in establishing an insurer's loss reserves.
- Describe the practices prohibited by unfair claim practices laws.
Cost: $20 per Professional Development Hour (PDH). Information on PDHs provided can be found here.
Claims Topics Include:
- The role performed by specific claim professionals, including staff claim representatives and independent adjusters
- Activities in the claim handling process
- How the claim handling process applies to property insurance claims
- How the claim handling process applies to liability insurance claims
- Special considerations for catastrophe claims
- The claim representative's role in establishing an insurer's loss reserves
- Practices prohibited by unfair claim practices laws
Additional Course Resources
Additional Knowledge Solutions
(800) 644-2101 (U.S. and Canada)
(610) 644-2100 (Outside the U.S. and Canada)
720 Providence Road
Malvern, PA 19355-3433
Customer Success is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. eastern time.