Finance and Accounting for Insurance Professionals
Understand how corporate finance and accounting apply to property-casualty insurers and noninsurers.
CPCU 540 has been revised. New materials for exams beginning on July 15, 2013, are now available for purchase. To register for an exam covering the expiring materials, please call Customer Service at (800) 644-2101.
- Introduction to corporate finance and accounting
- GAAP financial statements
- GAPP financial statement analysis
- Insurer statutory accounting
- Insurer statutory annual statement analysis
- Cash flow valuation
- Bonds and stocks
- Insurer investment portfolio management
- Insurer capital needs and sources
- Capital management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- The underwriting cycle
Suggested Self-Study Time
"Getting the CPCU designation was the best move I ever made..."
David S. Hershey, CPCU, ARM
Sprague Energy/ Lexa International